Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tryfan

After an easy 5 mile run in the Cheshire countryside (where I saw my first Willow Warbler of the year) this morning, I decided to walk up Tryfan in Snowdonia; this is my way of taking things easy in the run up to the London Marathon! This is a grade 1 scramble and apart from a brief walk up stone steps near the A5 it was hands on all the way to the top. Despite the sunshine there was an icy wind blowing near the summit with snow and ice on the rocks so extreme caution was needed. The panoramic views on the entire route were stunning, and the scrambling was most enjoyable. Tryfan is 3010 feet above sea-level which makes it the fifteenth highest mountain in Wales. It was a great day out and one I intend to repeat very soon.
Me, on the rocky outcrop known as "the canon", about
half way up Tryfan's north ridge.

The view from the summit looking towards Y Gribin.

My picnic guest, not far from the summit, overlooking Llyn
Bochlwyd, also known as "Australia Lake" because of its
shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment